The Southern Link is pleased to share our best sellers from the road ordered by customers like you! Click on the image or link to learn more about each item. Or, call your rep or our office at 800.877.5465 (LINK).
Woodwick Fragrance Beads
Get style and fragrance without heat or flame. Woodwick’s Fragrance Beads are sparkling
in their signature hour glass jar. Perfect for freshening up small spaces. The scents
Blue Sky Wireless Flyers
Fun flyers and toy drones from Blue Sky Wireless make great gifts and provide hours
of fun! Both items made a big splash at the July Market and are doing the same on the road!
The Wow Now The Wow Now’s Whispers collection offers an earring style for every taste and outfit. Hoop, stud, stone and statement earrings –great assortments at great prices. New displays too!
Counter Art Coasters Counter Art has coasters with terrific graphics providing a theme for just about everyone. They make great gifts for hosts and hostesses. Unbelievably huge selection!
Ho, ho hopefully by now all of your holiday shipments have arrived and you’re ready to enjoy all of the excitement that the season brings! Here are five important questions to ask yourself to be sure your store is ready for a successful holiday season. We’re so excited to share these great merchandising tips and holiday gift ideas with you!
1. Do you have the right product to create a cohesive theme display to grab customers’ attention? Nothing says it’s the holidays like holiday colors! Arrange red and green items with greenery and ornaments to draw shoppers to your display. Or, if your prefer, create your display with silver, gold, or white elements –or any combination that will lead customers to your gift displays. Once you have your theme, be sure you have plenty of holiday themed gifts to incorporate. Some products to consider include: festive outdoor holiday decor from Custom Decor, holiday-themed coasters and cheese servers from Counter Art, fun gift items from Brownlow, and seasonal scented candles from Virginia Gift Brands. Click on the links to see selections of holiday themed items for your store.
2. Do you have some new hot items in your store? There are always going to be those shoppers who are looking for the latest trends. So, be sure to stock up on a couple. Some fun items this year are Feisty Pets –the best selling plush on Amazon right now, Pure Drinkware –keeps drinks cold for 24 hours, hot for 12, and the Deco Boom Bowl that you set a music device in and it amplifies the sound +15 decibels with great acoustics. Really clever! Click on the links to take a look at these sure-to-sell items.
3. Do you have some unique items that differentiate your store from your competition? Of course,
you want to be different! Seek out product lines that your competitors don’t carry. Consider the popular wall art line (below) from Second Nature by Hand –made in the USA from reclaimed materials. Chala is another truly unique line. Chala’s handbags are on trend this year with brightly colored appliques and graphics. And Hearthwick candles from Virginia Gift Brands are housed in beautifully designed vessels.
4. Does your store put shoppers in the holiday mood? Play festive music, nestle pinecones, greenery and clusters of ornaments within your displays. Incorporate twinkle lights where you can. All of these small things go a long way to leading customers through your store and putting them in the shopping mood. Your goal is to keep customers thinking about gift giving and buying. Incorporate some of the gift items we mentioned above and include some classics like those from Park Designs (below).
5. Do you have items for everyone? Women are the primary shoppers during the holiday season but that doesn’t mean they only buy for other women. Be sure to include gifts for men, babies, kids and friends. Even if you only include one of these groups, you can get a great turn on just one table or 4 foot wall display that highlights your unique products. This year consider Duke Cannon products for men (below), Stephen Baby items for babies (below), Feisty Pets and perhaps Virginia Gift Brands Reserve Collection.
Our Pinterest board is filled with these and other great ideas for holiday gifts for your store. Take a look! Comment below with any questions. We’re happy to help!
Football season is here and that means it’s time to tailgate! The essentials of a good tailgate are people and delicious food (and a lot of it) of course. But these pre-game festivities have evolved through the years and diehard tailgaters have gotten pretty creative. Here are ways to help your customers elevate a good tailgate to a great one with the help of The Southern Link.
Show team colors. Wearing game day shirts, hats and scarves like those available at Emerson Street and Tradition is a given. But, why stop there? Desden has team aprons for the tailgate cooks and stadium approved team-themed totes for when tailgaters finally make it to the game. Line truck beds with team colored blankets and display pennants and banners. When it comes to showing team colors, more is more!
Get equipped. Serious tailgaters need serious tailgating gear. Oak and Olive has a football-shaped cooler (pictured below) and football-themed cutting boards and trays to add to the festivities. They also have a music tub cooler that holds over 72 cans and plays music through two built-in speakers when a digital musical device is attached. It’s perfect for serious tailgaters. Special wine carriers like the one pictured below and scrimmage tables are also available from Oak and Olive.
Don’t forget the bar. Some tailgaters devote one vehicle to food and another to the bar. Either
way, it’s imperative that a tailgate include a bloody mary station. A creative way to display it is in a tiered metal tray from Park Designs, similar to the one pictured. And collegiate coasters (pictured right) from Counter Art are great additions to any tailgate.
Talk to your rep today so that you can help your customers be ready to tailgate in style!
Check out our tailgating board on Pinterest for more great ideas!